DT Media Systems | A Low Voltage Installation Authority
We specialize in a complete line of low voltage solutions, from audio and video, structured wire, HDMI, ethernet (CAT5 and CAT6), coax and high-efficiency lighting. DT Media is the leader in custom low-voltage installation for homes across DFW and North Texas. So if you’re planning a residential or commercial project, call us.
Zoned audio applications and high-efficiency lighting
High-efficiency lighting and secure lines
High-efficiency lighting and surveillance
Structured Wiring is dramatically different from older wiring systems, (see diagram).
Briefly, it means combing all of the communications wiring in your home and treats it as a single wiring system. It helps you manage and distribute a whole-house network of audio, video, data, telephone, television, home automation or security signals.
A structured wiring system is the backbone which allows you to:
- Play a DVD in the family room, and watch it in your office as well.
- Listen to music in the kitchen, by the pool or any room of your home.
- View who is at your front door, in the back yard, or in a baby’s room and watch the video on your phone with audio capability. And with wifi, this is possible away from home as well.
- Network all devices in the house.
- Share devices such as computer printers and fax machines.
- Have multiple phone lines.
- Easily make adjustments to all of these options as your family’s needs change.
The advantages of structured wiring are:
- Configurability – With all of the cables running back to the Central Wiring Panel (the Homerun) you can easily change how and what these individual cables are connected to and what they are used for.
- Troubleshooting – Each of the cables can be individually isolated and tested.
- No splices – Splices are bad practice because they are prone to failure and can pickup noise and interference.
- Consistent signal quality – all cables run back to the Central Wiring Panel and receive the same signal at the same time.
Another key feature of structured wiring is the choice of wire type. High quality cabling is stressed here. This means a high quality CAT5e or CAT6 for data network, video & telephone. CAT5e or CAT6 also allows up to 4 phone lines. RG6/U Quad Shielded cable (Coax) is still used for video, but is being phased out by many providers. Install the most advanced cabling you can afford.
You may not need all of the capabilities these advanced cables provide today, but bandwidth requirements for home networking and entertainment is increasing rapidly so you may find them useful sooner than you think.
A Word to Home Builders in North Dallas
Home automation and structured wiring isn’t just a luxury anymore, it’s the standard. We’ve worked with hundreds of new homeowners who realized their new homes didn’t meet their A/V, IT, or Automation needs until after they moved in. DT Media systems works with home builders to ensure customers learn about the latest in home technologies and get the most out of their home.
Intelligent LED Lighting Systems
Low voltage lighting systems simplify installation, minimize infrastructure, lower electricity costs, and reduce maintenance costs. The future of lighting is low voltage with control, and it’s here today. Let our Intelligent LED fixtures do the thinking and saving, so you don’t have to.
Six Ways to Save with a Low-Voltage LED Solution from LumaStream